Wednesday 16 June 2010

What leads us to success?

What leads us to success?


I am not going to repeat what had been said on that ultra-short presentation on ted. I think that those 8 elements are really extremely important, so when I saw this lecture I started to think. What I am good at? What I can do now? What to do, to be successful? What to push, push, push? I spend some time thinking and nothing came to me. But meanwhile I was pushed by my mother to help me with one project. This post is about this project. ;o)
As a background you should know that: my mother is a professor on Warsaw medical university. She wrote several books and has few hundred papers. Through few last years she produced hundreds articles on health related issues. The idea was to make an internet portal, which will be a bridge between scientific world of hard to understand papers and our world of non professionals.
We have no commercial attitude, we’re not going to change it. That’s not the point. What’s most important: we don’t want to let her work from last few years to disappear. In those articles there is a lot of useful information about health, nutrition, supplements. So why forget about them? Let’s spread this scientificly confirmed knowledge for free!
Because we don’t generate profit from this activity, we don’t have budget for advertisements and marketing campains. So our only hope is to interest people in the content we publish and to tell everybody we can about this project.
Content is interesting topic. Do you know that there is a company on polish market ( I am not going to tell you which one ) which is lunching 37 internet portals about health and supplements? And the best part of it is.. They have no content. So what they do? They pay 10 PLN per page to pupils in gimnazjum and lyceum to translate directly from American portals. Without any verification if that content is any good or not. And what they do to be more trustful? They pay one or two doctors to post comments. And that’s it.
We have good articles which are written by someone who knows the subject. 90% procent of our content has links to literature. Check for your self.
I don’t want to advertise or make an marketing campain using this forum. This is no commercial activity, the idea is just to spread good confirmed knowledge. So spend a few minutes and find out for yourself.
www.naukadlazdrowia.pl


I spend a lot of time “pushing” it forward. I hope one day it is going to be popular forum of exchanging valuable knowledge. A thing that I could be proud of. Can you help me? ;o) What do you think of our work? What we can do to improve it?

3 comments:

  1. Wow - great job! Actually, I suppose that perhaps we could cooperate a bit. I work among others for parental portal www.miastodzieci.pl. If you have some articles about family's health or especially children's health, we may publish it or rss it and promote your website. Let me know if you would be interested.

    About possible improvement - I tried your search engine and I think that distinguishing searched words in text would be helpful. Still, service seems to be very user friendly and I like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this site. It's nice and user-friendly. I thought it contains only boring medical articles, but there are many really interesting entries. I'm writing this post so long because I'm reading your web:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. >They pay 10 PLN per page to pupils in
    > gimnazjum (...)
    That is outrageous! How it could be?

    Naukadlazdrowia looks really great. I am very happy that someone takes care about this and helps other to gain knowledge.

    ReplyDelete