Thursday 15 April 2010

Visiting London - Entertaiment - Part 3

Visiting London - Entertainment - Part 3

In this part of my presentation I want to talk about entertainment in London. Where are many possibilities to get some fun there. From theatres through music clubs such as 'fabric' to football matches on great stadiums situated near to city centre with great public communication connection. So lets begin :)

Madame Tussauds









I was wondering in which part put some information about Madame Tussauds. In the end I decided to put this in entertainment. The internationally renowned waxwork collection continues to draw the crowds. It's not just visitors who can enjoy it, but also the eminent and celebrities keen to be immortalised. It is 'must see' place in London but to be honest only for one time. I have great time with this exhibition and I really recommend this.

Pubs & Clubs

The Cuban

I don't know the names of many pubs or clubs. But I can recommend some places. First one is 'The Cuban'. Great place with great drinks and food. Like "Cucumber Martini" a divine mix of cucumber, Zubrowka Bison Vodka and sugar as they say "Cucumber never tested so good". As you may see they use Polish vodka Zubrowka. You can find this great product of Poland in other drinks like "Bison Mojito" drink made from Zubrowka Bision Vodka with mint, basil, fresh lime and sugar topped with apple juice(similar to our "Szarlotka" :P). This bar is situated in heart of Stables Market(mentioned before in part 2 of my presentation) in lock area. An absolute must do when you are in Camden's markets. Great climate and atmosphere with live cuban music.

fabric


I'm not expert with clubs I have only been in few. But this place suited for me :) Especially 15 minutes version of Voodoo People remix by Pendulum.

Concerts






London offers you big list of concerts in every time in year. There are so many events and festivals so everybody can find something interesting for him. I have never been to a concert at Hyde Park but when you see photos like this...:
The Live 8 concert for Africa in Hyde Park in London.
The Live 8 concert for Africa in Hyde Park in London.
It must be great experience to see your favourite band/singer in such a big concert. Next position in my to do list:)

Football






File:Emirates Stadium - East side - Composite.jpg

If you are football fan or maniac, London is a great place for you with five Premier League clubs( Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham) and two League Championship(Crystal Palace and Queens Park Rangers). If you don't get tickets for match, good choice is sightseeing Arsenal's new stadium the "Emirates Stadium" with capacity of 60,355 seats and also great club museum. "Stamford Bridge" home of Roman Abramovich Chelsea with 41,841 seats is worth seeing. When we are in stadiums you can forget Wembley Stadium. With huge 90,000 capacity is second largest stadium in Europe(only Barcelona's Camp Nou with 98,772 is bigger) . It is England football team national stadium and hosts the latter stages of the top level domestic club cup competition, the FA Cup.



Other places

Some places worth to go by night :)

Soho

Very famous area of the City of Westminster mainly because of sex industry in past but now it is a place where you can clearly see culture mix of London. Many pubs, clubs and restaurants and late-night coffee shops that give the streets an "open all night" feel at the weekends.

Leicester Square & Piccadilly Circus


In those places you can find many people during weekends walking and searching for some fun at night. Very busy but "with some thing in the air".



Thanks for reading, now time for questions :)

Questions

What kind of entertainment do you like the most ?
Do you have your favourite places(anywhere) ?



12 comments:

  1. I love walking in an unknown city. I mean walking without any particular goal, just observing places and people, feeling the spirit of it. The greatest things happen when you don't expect them. Once in Prague I was listening to the music coming from the interior of the building and I was invited to the beautiful concert (normally I wouldn't afford it). In London I've been only for 2 days and I was sleeping in the closed playground. It was quite funny, even if I had to get up really early ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are football fan or maniac, Manchester is better place for you: Manchester United, Manchester City, and two more, that names I do not remember ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have in mind any specified place but I like inviting unknown places. They have to be quite and nice. I'd rather small town than big cities, where people' life is easier. It's detachment from Warsaw, crowds of people and noise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Szymon, MU scarf is on my wishlist :)

    Other than that I don't really like crowdy places

    ReplyDelete
  5. In London I would like to see:
    1) Arsenal London match
    2) Go to pub and drink in British style ;]
    3) Madame Tussauds seems nice

    My favourite entertainment are concerts so if I were in London right now I would probably start searching some nice rock show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a very similar to Asia way of exploring a city. I like walking through city with no map or purpose. While being in London I found myself in a middle of hippie demonstration stylized like from 70’s. (I have great photo's) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite entertainment is traveling and hanging out with my friends:)
    The best place for me is Croatia. Any time I have been in this beautiful country I discovered new magic places, amazing wiled beaches, underwater life, sunny islands and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love parties! All kind of means clubs, house parties, concerts, football matches etc. My favorite place is Opera Club here in Warsaw - one of the best clubs in Warsaw which i trully recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I have one favorite place, on my couch 
    I do really like Alps at winter. Every place is good where you can lay down on the beach, watching beautiful ladies, drinking cold drinks and do nothing…
    *print screen’ed*

    ReplyDelete
  10. >What kind of entertainment do you like the >most ?
    Perhaps clubbing ;)
    >Do you have your favourite places(anywhere) ?
    I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite place is definately not located in a city - it's a lakeside on Mazury :)
    but still there are nice places in cities, i really like old, industrial districts - places made for usability, not aesthetics. this fits my view of a city :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been to London, so I can say nothing about entertaiment in this city, but I'm sure that I wouldn't vist the football stadions, I hate football :) I rather go to near willages, to see beautiful views, see sea and other places.

    ReplyDelete