Sunday 2 May 2010

Sailing - Mazury [2/3]

As I wrote in "How to", we can divide sailing into inland and sea sailing. Inland especialy lakes. In out country we have several places(lakelands) to sail. The biggest one is "Mazury lakeland", another one is "Iławskie lakeland", I mentioned only this two, because I sail only on that, but there are few more.

I sail every year since 10 years, and I don`t feel bored :) Sailing it is great way to travel and tour new places. You can see those places from other side than usual, for me it is more interesting and exciting because you feel not only as a pure turist, but you live with(inside) that place and nature.

How to rent a yacht?

It is easy, there is a lot of companies where you can charter your boat. You can find them on eg.:
http://mazury.info.pl/czartery/index.html
Price vary on model of the yacht you want to. It could be less than 100zł per day for the simplest boats, but can rise event to 700-900zł per day for the top level models.

Where to sail?

Mazury are divided into northern and southern, they are connected by channel.

Mazury-polozenie geograficzne

In the north, the main cities are Węgorzewo, Sztynort and Giżyco. This part of Mazury has cleaner water, almost crystal clear, therefore, the lake Mamry is a good place for diving. This teritory is more wild, but there is fewer places to moor at the shore because of reed.
At the west shore of Mamry lake, there are abandoned german bunkers, it is popular turist attraction:




Most obrotowy w giżycku:

Kanały:


There starts southern Mazury, the most known and popular city is Mikołajki:


Near is the biggest lake in the country, Śniardwy:


Nice attraction is lock in Guzianka, it is a device for raising and lowering boats between stretches of water of different levels:
File:Sluza Guzanka.07.jpg






























And few more nice pictures:




16 comments:

  1. First time I was sailing it was on Mazury. We rented a boat Sasanka 660 :) We had a really great fun! But only two of us had sailing license - this year I am going to change it and make my own one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the mentioned cities are very popular touristic places, full of people. Actually, all Mazury is full of people. How did you menage to find anything wild there? Is it possible at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The few times I have been sailing were always on lakes. Although I had a good time, I hope it will be much more exciting when I will sail the open seas at last. I would really like to make it happen this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to sail with my dad and his friends. I'm not sure when it comes to the name of my first boat, but that was probably Fortuna 47.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Szymon I used to rent Sasanka 660 with my friends ;] I passed my sailing licence on Sasanka 660 too ... I feel some kind of connection with this boat model ;]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos, but still I don't notice anything interesting in sailing :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time i was sailing on Mazury and this region is i think an icon of polish sailing. I hope that this summer will be warm and some of us will enjoy sailing in full scope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to sail on Jeziorak lake but I prefer to sail on smaller lakes, there are not so crowded. The magical, romantic and really wild lake is Szeląg Wielki (it is situated between Olsztyn and Ostróda). You can sail naked without any stress that somebody is watching you;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too. My first time was on Masurian lakes. Beautiful places, but one thing has to change, people behavior – sailors behavior.
    It’s quite sad when you stop for a rest and find many litters on the shore.
    *print screen’ed*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like southern Mazury lakes best, because I hate motor boats, they are so loud and they can totally spoil calmness of sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asia, yes, it is possible :) you have to only know where to look for such place :) you have to avoid popular places, like cities, but if you find a small, quiet cove away from the trail, you can be really happy :) such places are in northern lakes, and far souther on Niegocin, on the end of Niegocin, there only a few are sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tomasz, unfortunately people behaviour has already changed, but unfortunately in the wrong way, before there was a culture of sailing, but now anyone who wants to sail, can sail, so there it is...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never sailed and Ive never wanted to try... nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mazury is a wonderful place. I love to spend my free time there, but sailing on the mazurian lakes is not that great. I prefer fishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I mention I was only once there last summer with my friends. It was great time. I like very much sailing but not so much to try to get licence for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. But if you want licence, it is really simple, My colleague has passed the exam recenlty, course took about one month, 3-4 weekends on Zegrze, he was completly novice in sailing :)

    ReplyDelete