Friday 21 May 2010

Sushi [ 3/3 ]

Today i would like to talk about Kazari sushi and Nyotaimori ( also known as Body Sushi )

Kazari sushi

At first sight kazari-sushi look like ordinary rolls. But being cut they show us wonderful patterns or even whole pictures composed of many ingredients. For many years kazari (the English translation is "decoration") have been part of traditional sushi culture. The interest in this kind of rolls has risen lately in Japan and all over the world.

Traditionally Kazari-sushi is cooked for festival events. The Japanese say that the view and taste of kazari-sushi brings them additional joy and happiness and that Kazari-sushi will decorate any table and add some creativity to any meal.

The basic ingredients are pink fish flakes, bonito flakes, wild burdocks, cucumbers, fried eggs, dried gourd shavings, red ginger pickles, crab fish cakes, and so on. Such colourful and tasty ingredients are used to create your own original fancy rolled sushi.

Here are few photos of Kazari sushi made by me and my girlfriend:


And few photos from internet:

Body Sushi

Nyotaimori often referred to as "body sushi," is the rare practice of serving sashimi or sushi from the body of a woman, typically naked. This subdivision of food play is originally an obscure Japanese practice that has attracted considerable international media attention.
In Japan the practice is stigmatised and usually only to be found in "seedy sex clubs". When it is presented overseas, however, it is marketed as "a form of Japanese food culture".

I must say that i don't like this idea but few months ago first „body sushi restaurant” was open in Warsaw so i decedied to write about it.

Body sushi procedures according to wikipedia:

„Before becoming a living sushi platter, the person (usually a woman) is trained to lie down for hours without moving—according to one narrative. She or he must also be able to withstand the prolonged exposure to the cold food. Before service, the individual is supposed to have taken a bath using a special fragrance-free soap and then finish off with a splash of cold water to cool the body down somewhat for the sushi. In some parts of the world, in order to comply with sanitation laws, there must be a layer of plastic or other material between the sushi and the body of the woman or man. „

Here is movie about body sushi preperation



And movie from one of restaurants in Gdansk



Questions:
  • What do you think about Kazari sushi ? Do you think that we can call it an art ?
  • What is your opinion about Body sushi ? Should it be prohibited ?
  • Would you like to take part in such “body sushi” event ?

12 comments:

  1. I have never heard about Kazari sushi, but it looks wonderful. Those made by you and your gf are really, really nice.

    Body sushi
    To be honest, I don't get it. I can't understand why eating from someones body could be attractive. Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing in my mind after I saw film about body sushi was, if that girl was clean.. I could try body sushi with my girfriend in home, but not with the person that I do not know in restaurant..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kazari sushi looks nice and interesting but to call it an art? i don't think so..
    First time i heard about body sushi when Yoko sushi on Swietokrzyska started it's activity and then i thought that this is a nice attraction to traditional meal and now i still think the same. People are eating 10x worst things in McDonalds so i don't think that eating from a person can be so dramatically unclean and yes i'd like to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ways of serving food and decorating it can be called art as well as decorating other things can be called this way. I've never seen it before and I truly like it. I think you and your girlfriend made really good job :-)
    About body sushi - I can't see how that could be attractive for a woman (eating one ;-) I suppose it may make food even more sensual activity for a man, but I definitely wouldn't like to participate in such event (even if there would be a male model instead of female).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried body sushi. I heard it expensive. I can't understand why someone pays lot of money to eat some sushi from woman's body. weird

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you and your girlfriend created amazing Kazari sushi, I can admit that this is an real art for sure!!! Good job guys!!!;)
    I have never heard about sushi art, it is great idea for kawalerski party:). I would like to take part in "body sushi" event and taste the sushi from such beautiful and natural plate... I would't mind if my wife make me this kind of surprise and let me try sushi from her body;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food is still only food, but eating it from a naked woman is... well... distracting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kazari sushi is very impressive. I have nothing against naked sushi, personally I am not very interested.. But why prohibit? If someone invited me on a naked sushi I would love to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you can see, eating body sushi makes a lot of fun, it is interesting because it is unusual, especialy for guys when on the table lies beautiful woman :)

    How do you make that Kazari sushi?

    ReplyDelete
  10. body sushi looks great. it's still on my 'try it' list.
    i don't think that anything should be prohibited as long as it doesn't harm anyone.. so why ban body sushi?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best way to show that eating is not only a requirement but style, art and a part of the religion.
    Prohibited? No. Not only body sushi. It can be a Body Chocolate, a Body Whipped crème or just a Body…

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly - You have made great sushi Maciek :)For me it is definitely art :)I have problem with simple maki so Kazari sushi is pro for me :P

    I'm not fun of any prohibition. If people what to pay for this why not. But I'm not looking for try this kind of sushi...

    ReplyDelete